clarkemarie

Which is better? Salicylic Acid or Benzoyl Peroxide ?

Or is using them together good ?

Leave a comment

Comment On This

You must Log In to join the conversation.

7 answers

Robin Neal
Robin Neal

How similar is Robin Neal's skin with yours? Take the Skin Assessment to find out how similar you are and find your SkinTwins.

commented
I use BP and SA in my regimen but not at the same time. I use SA in the morning and BP+AHA at night and it works great. https://ggstreetview.com
chicagoesthetician
chicagoesthetician

How similar is chicagoesthetician's skin with yours? Take the Skin Assessment to find out how similar you are and find your SkinTwins.

commented
Salicylic because the molecules are smaller and easily penetrate the skin. It also doesn't dry skin out such as benzoyl peroxide.
divine
divine

How similar is divine's skin with yours? Take the Skin Assessment to find out how similar you are and find your SkinTwins.

commented
Depends on your skin. Try neutrogena on-the-spot acne treatment (benzoyl) spot treat every night for a week... If that doesn't work try clean and clear (salicylic) See which will work with your skin... I also recommend a good moisturizer at night i use cliniques dramatically different moisturizer + benzoyl and it works wonders!
MadisonJane
MadisonJane

How similar is MadisonJane's skin with yours? Take the Skin Assessment to find out how similar you are and find your SkinTwins.

commented
I prefer salicylic acid because it is less drying but using them together (not at same time) is very beneficial. Acne free has two products: day and night foaming treatments. The night is salicylic acid which cleans out your pores and day is the benzoyl peroxide and it kills the bacteria. The best products I've ever used.
lindsay
lindsay

How similar is lindsay's skin with yours? Take the Skin Assessment to find out how similar you are and find your SkinTwins.

commented
you could, but it may leave you with very dry, stressed skin and if you do use them together use a moisturizer, to help with the dryness. Also they can be irritating so try them separately before using them both together and see how your skin reacts to that.
clarkemarie
clarkemarie

How similar is clarkemarie's skin with yours? Take the Skin Assessment to find out how similar you are and find your SkinTwins.

commented
I have moderate acne , could I use them together then ?
lindsay
lindsay

How similar is lindsay's skin with yours? Take the Skin Assessment to find out how similar you are and find your SkinTwins.

commented
It really depends on who you are. Personally I like benzoyl peroxide better than salycidic acid. You shouldn't use them together unless you have severe acne and when you do use them together use one in a wash and one in a spot treatment because used together in a spot treatment they tend to cancel each other out ( that's why you never see a benzoyl peroxide/salycidic acid acne medication) hope this helps. :)

We want to put our best face forward, so to speak. That means gathering ideas and suggestions on how to improve as we build a trusted community for you. So go ahead. We can take it. How are we doing?

Send Us Feedback!

Enter your opinion in textarea above.