Jane Heyward

How effective is acne treatment?

How effective is acne treatment? I'm 24 years old and I have severe acne. I have tried almost all methods to get rid of this acne but nothing worked. I had clear skin during my puberty time. I don't remember when exactly I got acne. At the age of 16, I had severe acne. It has affected my life very badly. I was made fun at school and it did hurt me a lot. While researching online, I saw about Roaccutane. I have heard many positive reviews regarding this and even tried it. Even after using it for a month, I did not feel any change. But I experienced dry mouth, itching, and cracks in the corners of the mouth. So I consulted a nearby GP and he said these are the side effects of the medication and advised me to stop taking those pills. He suggested undergoing acne treatment from a clinic in Richmond Hill ( http://www.thecentrefordermatology.com/procedures/facial/peels/silkpeel/ ). I researched about the acne treatment and I 'm confused. I would like to know how effective is silkpeel treatment. Is it worth spending money? Any advice is highly appreciated. Thanks!!

Leave a comment

Comment On This

You must Log In to join the conversation.

2 answers

Debbie
Debbie

How similar is Debbie's skin with yours? Take the Skin Assessment to find out how similar you are and find your SkinTwins.

commented
Hey Jane, Recently I have came across two products that I have been using for the past 2 months that have shown very good results. They have helped clear up my acne in the past month of using them. The first is the pure biology anti-aging cream. I wash my face with water then apply it every night before bed. It has drastically helped clear up my skin and reduce wrinkles. Heres a link to the product: https://goo.gl/k2DcFM In the morning after I take a shower and wash my face, I use this product to help moisturize and smooth my skin. It is a bit pricey, but it works better than a majority of the products I've tried from Clean & Clear and Proactive. Heres the second product: https://goo.gl/CW8ovy I hope they work for you because they sure worked for me. Please keep me updated!
Lisa
Lisa

How similar is Lisa's skin with yours? Take the Skin Assessment to find out how similar you are and find your SkinTwins.

commented
I battled with acne for a long time as well, more cystic acne on my chin, I finally got down to a regimen that works for me, originally my Derm put me on doxycycline and Tazorac cream which is basically a powerful retinoid that also has anti aging properties and it worked, I decided to stop all the meds and the cream, and started to try things what worked for my skin, I find that cream cleansers work way better than foaming, foaming cleansers usually strip your skin of natural oils which then you body reacts by over producing oil and sebum which leads to more acne. I use neutrogena cream cleanser it has saylicic acid and doesn't foam up, but it cleans well. I follow that my a good toner to restore the ph balance and get any makeup that was left over, I use Murad's hydrating toner, they do have an acne one as well. Just make sure to stay away from any one with alcohol in it. Then I use a retinoid serum which removes any dead skin cells helps treat acne, followed by a good moisturizer to lock it all in. Overall it's all about what works for you, medications will help but if you're looking for something to control the acne over time a good regimen is a good start. I really believe when it comes to acne, hydration is key, stripping the skin with harsh acne washes will only worsen the acne. Hope this helps, lmk if you wanna know any more info about the products I use.

We want to put our best face forward, so to speak. That means gathering ideas and suggestions on how to improve as we build a trusted community for you. So go ahead. We can take it. How are we doing?

Send Us Feedback!

Enter your opinion in textarea above.