annabelle

How can I get rid of acne scars/ hyper pigmentation?

I had cystic acne for a while and now I have scars on my face from it. I've been doing a honey, cinnamon, and nutmeg mask to try and get rid of the dark spot on my face. I've used it a few times but it hasn't made much of a difference.

Leave a comment

Comment On This

You must Log In to join the conversation.

9 answers

Mercedes
Mercedes

How similar is Mercedes's skin with yours? Take the Skin Assessment to find out how similar you are and find your SkinTwins.

commented
Use ELF acne fighting spot gel with aloe ! It's only $2 and it works wonders !
Rachael
Rachael

How similar is Rachael's skin with yours? Take the Skin Assessment to find out how similar you are and find your SkinTwins.

commented
My best friend uses Rodan and Fields for these same issues. She got rid of her cystic acne with their Unblemish regiment and has reduced her scarring dramatically with their anti-aging line. I've been shocked with her results and about to start using it myself. Rodan and Fields are the dermatologists who created Proactive. Check it out: www.rachaellynee.myrandf.com
charlotte
charlotte

How similar is charlotte's skin with yours? Take the Skin Assessment to find out how similar you are and find your SkinTwins.

commented
For proper acne scars, like pitted ones a dermaroller (skin needling device) works so well, most of which are inexpensive too, such as the 'Banish Acne' one. For hyper pigmentation, I highly reccomend an exfoliating brightening serum. Home remedies can work for some people! But if you're having no luck with this, a serum helps to exfoliate that top layer of skin away which is damaged to reveal fresh, brighter, clearer skin. Good brightening serums are Ultraceuticals Ultra Brightening serum, Synergie Reveal. Also, vitamin C really helps with scarring. You could introduce into your routine a vitamin C serum, I think that would really help you. X
jazzyjose8
jazzyjose8

How similar is jazzyjose8's skin with yours? Take the Skin Assessment to find out how similar you are and find your SkinTwins.

commented
ambi products are very good for scarring personally how I got rid of mine and very inexpensive
laura
laura

How similar is laura's skin with yours? Take the Skin Assessment to find out how similar you are and find your SkinTwins.

commented
Hey Tanvi, how much lemon juice do you add to the honey? I am always afraid not to overdo with the proportions. :)
Tanvi
Tanvi

How similar is Tanvi's skin with yours? Take the Skin Assessment to find out how similar you are and find your SkinTwins.

commented
Use a topical steroidal cream (OTC) night application, with a high SPF (50 or more) when you plan on going out. You can also use lemon and honey mask as usual as you want. Wish you all the best :) Tanvi (medical student)
kat
kat

How similar is kat's skin with yours? Take the Skin Assessment to find out how similar you are and find your SkinTwins.

commented
I use an Josie marans Argan oil.. Works great! Highly recommended
Jaz
Jaz

How similar is Jaz's skin with yours? Take the Skin Assessment to find out how similar you are and find your SkinTwins.

commented
Products with vitamin e will help with scaring!
dakar
dakar

How similar is dakar's skin with yours? Take the Skin Assessment to find out how similar you are and find your SkinTwins.

commented
You could ask your dermatologist for a professional face cleaning or you could try a face mask that has apricot or lemon

We want to put our best face forward, so to speak. That means gathering ideas and suggestions on how to improve as we build a trusted community for you. So go ahead. We can take it. How are we doing?

Send Us Feedback!

Enter your opinion in textarea above.