annabelle

How can I get my acne leveled on my face and get the redness out?

I'm in 8th grade and my acne is pretty bad. But it's worst on my cheeks and chin. In its hard to conceal,because it's really red and it in really bumpy. It sticks out bad. It tuns purple when I concealer over it.

Leave a comment

Comment On This

You must Log In to join the conversation.

6 answers

Fay x
Fay x

How similar is Fay x's skin with yours? Take the Skin Assessment to find out how similar you are and find your SkinTwins.

commented
rose water and almond milk not together
eilan
eilan

How similar is eilan's skin with yours? Take the Skin Assessment to find out how similar you are and find your SkinTwins.

commented
Try vitamin c serum, retinol (roc is inexpensive and found in stores) and salicyclic acid. Retinol is a god send thought. Try roc or if you want a brand name try skinceuticals
meredith
meredith

How similar is meredith's skin with yours? Take the Skin Assessment to find out how similar you are and find your SkinTwins.

commented
Ask your parents to take you to the doctor for a prescription of Clyndamycin. It is a clear gel topical antibiotic that you put right on the acne. Any doctor can prescribe it. Also make sure you wash your face before bed, change your pillowcase twice a week, and use an oil free noncomedogenic moisturizer so your skin doesn't try to overcompensate and produce more oil. There is one by Yes To Tomatoes in drugstores or I would recommend Shiseido Pureness if you want a department store brand. Also, there are numerous correctors on the market that will help tone down the redness. You would use the green corrector under your foundation or concealer. Also make sure your foundation, concealer, and powder are noncomedogenic as well.
April
April

How similar is April's skin with yours? Take the Skin Assessment to find out how similar you are and find your SkinTwins.

commented
I had the same kind of acne problem but instead of covering it with makeup I tried to heal it and it worked. Try taking vitamin C because that REALLY helped my acne as well as doxycycline but you have to have that prescribed to take it. For covering the acne with makeup try a cream concealer instead of liquid because it can cover more and try one that has a green based hue to cover redness.
Ashley :)
Ashley :)

How similar is Ashley :)'s skin with yours? Take the Skin Assessment to find out how similar you are and find your SkinTwins.

commented
Try putting on a green concealer it will cancel out the red than you can apply your usual concealer or foundation I love the drugstore brand Revolon the color stay foundation goodluck :)

We want to put our best face forward, so to speak. That means gathering ideas and suggestions on how to improve as we build a trusted community for you. So go ahead. We can take it. How are we doing?

Send Us Feedback!

Enter your opinion in textarea above.