Tanya

Have you ever had a facial-manicure-pedicure?

The reason I ask this three fold question is because I have experienced none of these. I am curious what it is like and what you have had done. In my local Washington state area there are quite a few well respected spas but I have not pushed myself out of this comfort zone. It is not that I do not want to be touched it is just that I am very conscious about a) the ingredients and b) that I am unsure what to expect/how to act. Of course I have done at home facials, peds, and manicures but could it really be the same? One thing I am SUPER curious about would be the gel nails, it sounds fun! If you answer thank you, if you look then hopefully you come away with answers for yourself or a planned day at your local spa, and as always live beautifully.

Leave a comment

Comment On This

You must Log In to join the conversation.

3 answers

Crystal
Crystal

How similar is Crystal's skin with yours? Take the Skin Assessment to find out how similar you are and find your SkinTwins.

commented
I usually do a mani/pedi every 2-3 weeks and get the gel manicures (I'm assuming you're talking about the new gel manicures and not the gel acrylics) almost every time. I love the gel manicures, they don't chip and just grow out, and they aren't as damaging as gel acrylic nails. However, do keep in mind that it can be difficult to soak off the gel at home so you'll most likely wind up going back to the salon to have it soaked off. When deciding where to go for your nails or facials I would suggest looking up reviews on a site like Yelp to make sure that these places have good reputations for those services, and remember that just because they have a good rep for one thing doesn't mean they do the other well, too. If you get a facial it's a good idea to let the esthetician know it's your first time. Part of many facials is Extractions, where they remove blackheads, whiteheads and pop zits. This can be a bit painful sometimes, but not always, but if you let the esthetician know it's your first time they can walk you through what will happen. I personally love facials, it's so pampering and relaxing, and you have beautiful glowing skin at the end.
Paige
Paige

How similar is Paige's skin with yours? Take the Skin Assessment to find out how similar you are and find your SkinTwins.

commented
Oh my goodness yes the gel nail polish rocks. I don't get the gel nails anymore because of the drill they have to use. Just got tired if my nail beds always being so dry from that and the damage it did to my real nails. Pedicures, must do! Call to find out what they use in the spa foot tub. I have a place in Southlake Texas that they use things like sea salt and honey ect for my feet! Ahhhh! ;) total luxury! If I can ever help you with skin care please ask me! I have been teaching skin care and color with Mary Kay for 14 years. Here's my personal web site so you can read more about taking care of your skin. www.marykay.com/pferriss Hope I was able to help ya, friend! Paige
Holly
Holly

How similar is Holly's skin with yours? Take the Skin Assessment to find out how similar you are and find your SkinTwins.

commented
Tanya, if you have never tried, you should definitely give it a chance to see if you like them. I do all three regularly and always enjoy them. Find respected spa and check out what products they use before you commit, and do some research online to see whether those are hight quality products. Usually these are done in a very pleasant environment, so it's a great way to relax and pamper yourself. So I'd say - give it a try!

We want to put our best face forward, so to speak. That means gathering ideas and suggestions on how to improve as we build a trusted community for you. So go ahead. We can take it. How are we doing?

Send Us Feedback!

Enter your opinion in textarea above.