Megan

Desperate :( how to get rid of my acne?

First part isn't necessary to read.. (Im a freshman in high school (9th grade), and I'm 15. I started getting pimples here and there in 6th grade. But not a lot. I did pop them. Because I didn't know any better. I started using face washes soon after. 7th grade, my skin got worse. Then by 8th grade I hated my skin. I still do. I use to not care at all what others though, I was far from insecure. But my acne has made me very insecure and I hate it. Now I'm in high school, and I see a lot more people. I just hate it. It's embarrassing, and it's uncomfortable. Even with makeup. I can't even find a good foundation to cover it up without it looking like I'm obviously wearing makeup. (Cakey).) ______________________________ Anyways, I've tried everything. Literally. Salicylic acids doesn't work for my skin. Benzoyl peroxide, just dries out my skin and irritates it. I tried this one face wash once that was suppose I have stuff in it to help with bacteria? Which can cause acne. That didn't work either. I've tried a ton of home remedies to, they don't work either. I just want to get rid of my acne. I know I'd look so much better if I didn't have it. I have blackheads on my nose and kind of around it. But they don't bother me that much at all. I have whiteheads a lot! I hate them soo much. I also get cyst, which are like under the skin pimples without any type of tip. They are just hard and sometimes painful. I also get acne scars. I stopped popping pimples like in 7th or 8th grade. And now I get scars no matter what. Even when I'm not piping them! If I can't get rid of my acne I want to at least be able to get rid of my acne scars because they make me look so bad. And sometimes they get inflamed and red and it's horrible :( I can't really cover them with foundation either. They aren't raised or anything. They aren't 'holes'. They are just flat scars, that are colored reddish purpleish brown. Lol. If you feel my skin, you can't even tell that I have acne scars. My skin is smooth except where the acne is. So does anyone have any ideas or anything to help me get rid of the acne or the acne scars? Thanks.

Leave a comment

Comment On This

You must Log In to join the conversation.

12 answers

Salome
Salome

How similar is Salome's skin with yours? Take the Skin Assessment to find out how similar you are and find your SkinTwins.

commented
The most important thing after washing your face is to tone it with the toner that maintains the PH balance of your skin, therefore your skin gets less oily. For now I'm using tee tree oil toner , that works really good for my skin.
kacey
kacey

How similar is kacey's skin with yours? Take the Skin Assessment to find out how similar you are and find your SkinTwins.

commented
Have you tried going to a dermatologist? I had the same exact problems as you in junior high and my freshman year my acne was HORRIBLE . I went to the dermatologist and the medication he gave me worked great. I'm a sophomore now and i still have scars but i have barely any acne. I've been using a meditcation for my scars and they're helping. So i would suggest a dermatologist !
Ashley :)
Ashley :)

How similar is Ashley :)'s skin with yours? Take the Skin Assessment to find out how similar you are and find your SkinTwins.

commented
Just don't stress out because you'll break out more because acne takes time to heal and know that when you try a new product you have to give it some time to work before you try any other product because if say you've tried so many products than maybe you've irritated your skin because of it and try a mud mask and drink tons of water to keep your face hydrated :)
Salome
Salome

How similar is Salome's skin with yours? Take the Skin Assessment to find out how similar you are and find your SkinTwins.

commented
I think you should take a blood test to check your hormones. It seems that problem comes from inside. try not to it chocolate for some time ( 2-3 months)
lyli
lyli

How similar is lyli's skin with yours? Take the Skin Assessment to find out how similar you are and find your SkinTwins.

commented
You should try Neutragena stress-control acne wash and the toner by the same line it works AMAZING rather than alcohol of BP it uses salicylic acid. After you tone use something like Cetaphil or CeraVe that really helps with the dry skin you experience after toning . Remember to follow the instructions on the label and don't touch your face because hands have dirt and germs that cause more acne hope that helped(:
tangerinesali
tangerinesali

How similar is tangerinesali's skin with yours? Take the Skin Assessment to find out how similar you are and find your SkinTwins.

commented
you might actually may want to look into natural products like dr bronners soap (can be found at target and trader joes). try using tea tree oil too or apple cider vinegar since it kills All bacteria on your face that contribute to acne, especially if it's cystic. for your scars use fresh squeezed lemon juice (from real lemons), vitamin E or aloe. you can buy an aloe plant for cheap and are impossible to kill and you won't get any preservatives with it and is the best thing to reduce scars. if you alternate between these 3, at least using one product per day, scars will begin to lift.
Megan
Megan

How similar is Megan's skin with yours? Take the Skin Assessment to find out how similar you are and find your SkinTwins.

commented
Okay thanks grace! Ill have to check out those products. But yeah I don't pop them anymore at all I find it gross lol.
grace
grace

How similar is grace's skin with yours? Take the Skin Assessment to find out how similar you are and find your SkinTwins.

commented
It sounds like you have hormonal acne considering your age. I would suggest using a sensitive face wash( Do not use an exfoliant because it sounds like you have sensitive skin) then use a toner. Dickensons witch hazel is great because it is natural and will not overdry your skin. It's also affordable. Then use a light moisturizer that oil free. If you do this and take care of your skin then it will limit your breakouts. Once you breakout use a spot treatment such as Kate Somerville eradikate. It will clear your infection an reduce redness. As for makeup you might want to consider a green primer to counteract the redness from your acne then use a medium to heavy coverage liquid foundation to hide the breakouts. You can also use a concealer to cover just the break outs. If you apply it just where you need it and get a color that matches it won't look Cakey. Good luck ad soon it will all be over. Hormonal acne generally stops through college. Just don't pop them or you'll be dealing with the scars forever.
Megan
Megan

How similar is Megan's skin with yours? Take the Skin Assessment to find out how similar you are and find your SkinTwins.

commented
But thank you guys for your answers I really appreciate it'

We want to put our best face forward, so to speak. That means gathering ideas and suggestions on how to improve as we build a trusted community for you. So go ahead. We can take it. How are we doing?

Send Us Feedback!

Enter your opinion in textarea above.